Kathmandu Bible Presbyterian Church, Nepal
On 15 October 2011, by the grace of God, Kathmandu Bible Presbyterian Church in Nepal was inaugurated. This is the first Bible Presbyterian Church in Nepal which the Lord has raised for the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to earnestly contend for the faith.
The objectives of Kathmandu BP Church:
A. To preach the Gospel of Christ and win souls for the Kingdom of God.
B. To edify the saints through the faithful preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
C. To promote true spiritual worship based on the Reformed Faith (following the Westminster Standards) and Bible-Presbyterian standards and practices.
D. To earnestly contend for the faith once delivered unto the saints.
E. To establish the fundamental Christian faith in Nepal and other parts of the world.
F. To strengthen the bonds of mutual fellowship, encouragement and unity amongst local like-minded churches who also practice Biblical Separation.
The Doctrinal Statements of Kathmandu BP Church:
1. We believe in the divine verbal and plenary inspiration of the Scriptures in the original languages, their consequent inerrancy and infallibility, and as the Word of God, the Supreme and Final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe in one God existing in three co-equal and co-eternal persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of Virgin Mary and is 100% God and 100% Man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but sinned by the fall of Adam, thereby incurring not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God: and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and became sinners in thoughts, words & deeds too.
5. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died a propitiatory and expiatory death as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who repent of their sins and believe in Him are justified before God on the grounds of His shed blood.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus, in His ascension into Heaven, and His exaltation at the right hand of God, where He intercedes for us as High Priest and Advocator.
7. We believe in the personal, visible and premillennial return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to judge this world and bring peace to the nations.
8. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and to convict and regenerate the sinners, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
9. We believe that Christ instituted the sacrament of Baptism for believers and sacrament of the Lord Supper, which sacraments shall be observed by His Church until He comes.
10. We believe in the eternal security, bodily resurrection, and eternal blessedness of the saved, and in the eternal conscious punishment of the lost.
11. We believe in the real, spiritual unity in Christ of all redeemed by His precious blood and the necessity of faithfully maintaining the purity of the Church in doctrine and life according to the Scriptures.
Prayer Meeting/Bible Study:
Preacher Rajan Shrestha
Address: Ring Road, Swayambhu Chok (Buddha Park), Kathmandu, Nepal
(Worship room at level 2)
Map to Kathmandu Bible Presbyterian Church
Photo of Building (Church at level 2)